Our Draft Community Vision, Council Plan and Health Plan for 2021-25 is NOW LIVE! And it’s ready for your review and feedback. We are seeking your comments on the draft plan to help us make sure we get it right.
Did you contribute your vision for the future of your neighbourhood to Council in our two phases of community consultation earlier this year?
We received thousands of comments, opinions and pieces of advice during the last eight months. During consultation, we learned that your outlook for 2040 has shifted with the wide-spread impacts of the pandemic. You support our MV2040 community vision for a ‘healthy city’ in 2040, but there are some new areas of focus for you now after your experiences in the last 18 months.
Here’s some of the things you told us during the last phase of engagement:
- you have a greater appreciation for our beautiful, green, open spaces and want to see more of it.
- the Black Summer Bushfires of 2020 confirmed that it is more important than ever for us to act on climate change.
- you asked for more environmental sustainability community education to encourage low carbon living.
- people are riding bikes and walking around their neighbourhoods more than ever, and want to see better active transport infrastructure.
- you have seen local businesses struggling and want us to support them as they adapt and recover.
- you have witnessed the mental and emotional toll that the pandemic has had on the community. You want us to provide more support to improve mental health and social inclusion.
- you want us to take action to prevent violence against women and family violence.
- you want more arts and cultural activities, and better access to sporting and community facilities.
Your input has helped form our draft plans for the next four years and is included in our Draft Community Vision, Council and Health Plan 2021 – 2025.
The draft plan includes what we are aiming to achieve and how we will measure our progress. It includes the things we’re planning to do to ensure our services, facilities and programs safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of the community.
We want to know what you like most about the draft plan. We also want to know if it captures what you think is important.
Head to YourSay Moonee Valley before 21 September to give your feedback in one of 3 ways:
- Complete a feedback form
- Vote in a Quick Poll
- Sign up to speak at Council’s Public Forum on 21 September 2021
While you’re there, you can also register your interest in attending a webinar to learn more about the draft plan, and have your say on our Draft 10 Year Financial Plan too.
Your voice is important. Make sure Council hears you and get involved today.